pete for mod.

Rich

a certain mod doesn't own a lupo, purged himself of his license for dangerous driving and never comes on.

Pete is always on, has a premium show car and always offers help.

pete for mod, it makes sense.

• Haha 1

Based on that though you should also be mod, more knowledgeable than me and the car doesn’t really matter (especially as mine isn’t even taxed and tested) ?

Nicki and Tigz haven't been on for years - I've not removed their mod status, if no other reason than the fact they were both long-standing members who invested alot of time into the forum so I've left it purely as recognition.

As for new mods....there's barely enough content here to need moderating. I think Ray and myself come by often enough to keep things in check, and there's the report feature if we miss anything.

And give Rich mod status? It'd be like leaving the kids to look after the house while I go to work ;)

Tigz probably still hasn't finished building it yet, so thats a given!

Shame Nicki doesn't come on anymore, I'm 'friends' with her on facebook, so I may ask her to pop in!

Generally speaking, we all seem to be well behaved these days but its always nice to have a helping hand nnow and then, God knows I'd like NOT to be the only mod of the Up Owners Club that bothers to go on there. Even admin are pretty redundant on there and never seem to reply to any PM's.

18 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Tigz probably still hasn't finished building it yet, so thats a given!

Shame Nicki doesn't come on anymore, I'm 'friends' with her on facebook, so I may ask her to pop in!

Generally speaking, we all seem to be well behaved these days but its always nice to have a helping hand nnow and then, God knows I'd like NOT to be the only mod of the Up Owners Club that bothers to go on there. Even admin are pretty redundant on there and never seem to reply to any PM's.

Funnily enough a few people asked me to setup a proper "Up" forum linked to this one (instead of our little subforum) but at $200 for another forum license, plus additional annual support fees...it's not cheap. 

Otherwise it's some nasty free PhpBB or MyBB. Plus the fact there is already an Up forum.

21 hours ago, MattyB said:

Nicki and Tigz haven't been on for years - I've not removed their mod status, if no other reason than the fact they were both long-standing members who invested alot of time into the forum so I've left it purely as recognition.

As for new mods....there's barely enough content here to need moderating. I think Ray and myself come by often enough to keep things in check, and there's the report feature if we miss anything.

And give Rich mod status? It'd be like leaving the kids to look after the house while I go to work ;)

If you want to recognise their past efforts make them honourary Vice Presidents; a Mod is a real role. Voting Mods in or out is a great idea though, many motoring forums are little better than dictatorships

2 hours ago, weslangdon said:

If you want to recognise their past efforts make them honourary Vice Presidents; a Mod is a real role. Voting Mods in or out is a great idea though, many motoring forums are little better than dictatorships

there isn't enough rogue activity to be moderated really.

On 14/08/2017 at 8:13 PM, Rich said:

a certain mod doesn't own a lupo, purged himself of his license for dangerous driving and never comes on.

Pete is always on, has a premium show car and always offers help.

pete for mod, it makes sense.

Not a clue which mod you're on about.

3 hours ago, weslangdon said:

We just don't get the traffic anymore to warrant any of it though.

As an example, we used to get 30,000 page views per day back in 2011 - I'm sure it back in 2006-8 during the peak it was probably more than that (I changed to Google Analytics, so lost the stats).

Now? We're down to 3000 page views a day, so 1/10th of the activity. To be honest, most of that traffic is just unregistered visitors digging for info, I know we're only getting between 10-15 posts per day, so not worthy of heavy moderation....it's to be expected, they stopped making the Lupo 12 years ago!