8 awg cable

Would 8 awg cable be causing to much of a drain on the battery causing my amp to power off?

If I turn the head unit off and back on it works for a while until the bass really drops and then cuts out again?

1.4 SE petrol.

Running a 900w fli 4 channel amp (bridged). 

And powering a db audio rapture 1400w 12' sub.

Want the 4 channel cause I'm gonna upgrade the fronts at some point and power off the amp.

20170804_174434.jpg

Make sure the cable run is as short as possible, and the earth is the same size cable and bolted to a clean earth point, check your voltages with a multimeter, it will be obvious if your getting a voltage drop, if after checking all youre connections are ok then you may need to go to next size cable, if its not working now then it defo wont work when you upgrade

I'd be more inclined to think the sub is drawing too much off the amp and putting it into protection mode. Try reducing the gain on the amp and see if that makes a difference. If not, you may need to invest in a dedicated sub-amp, especially as you want to amp the front speakers from it too.