4WD Lupo Conversion

Dannynewport1978

Has anybody fitted a TT Quattro gearbox into a 1.8T Lupo?

I'm in the process of doing a rwd conversion with a stroked 1.8 to 2.1. I'm thinking that I'm not going to put the power down very well so thinking of TT/S3 box & running gear but wondered if this has been done before.

Edited by Dannynewport1978

13 minutes ago, Sausage said:

http://adetuning.co.uk/customer-comments/ade-tuning-customer-cars/quattro-vw-lupo/

Sure i read the build thread for that a while back, think it was A3 quattro running gear and the Lupo shell modded to fit it.

Yeah I actually read about that one, that's the only one I seen whilst searching. Hopefully looking for somebody to ask a few questions though. Thanks anyway as it's quite an informative read. ??

I just don't think 500-600bhp will accelerate very well as just a rwd even though the engine will only sit slightly in front of the rear wheels.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

four wheel drive with the engine in the back?

Yeah like a Porsche 911 C4S!

haha no thinking of putting the engine in the front with TT/S3 drivetrain/Haldex unit.

I've already got the rear subframe mounted in for rwd but thinking outside the box before I start more work.

17 hours ago, Sausage said:

http://adetuning.co.uk/customer-comments/ade-tuning-customer-cars/quattro-vw-lupo/

Sure i read the build thread for that a while back, think it was A3 quattro running gear and the Lupo shell modded to fit it.

phenomenal output, no room for a towbar at the back though which is a shame as it could pull a tank;)

6 hours ago, Dannynewport1978 said:

I'm 99% sure I've seen somebody else do this but cant find any pics even on any other forum!

"Thanks Photoshop for ruining everybody's build by removing hosting!"

I think you mean PotoBucket :lol:

1 hour ago, The Penguin said:

phenomenal output, no room for a towbar at the back though which is a shame as it could pull a tank;)

What is it with you and towbars?

physically anything can be done.

you can put a 1.8t in the front, mount a haldex system out back, bolt Tt swingarms on and shorten every single shaft so that it all fits.

it isn't worth doing, there's a lot of work doing it properly, not just a welder on a driveway job.

you've already killed it by chopping the floor out.

weld in a standard one, fit a tdi engine and towbar then sell it to the penguin.

• Like 2

On 04/08/2017 at 8:23 PM, Sausage said:

Seen this at Leeds VW Fest a few years back.