Would new bushes, make car feel different ?

666DUB

I'VE had two new front wheel bearings and front (rear) wishbone bushes fitted to my Lupo TDI. The car now feels different to drive, the steering actually felt a bit vague, as though the tyres were well down (they weren't) more road noise and i can feel more road imperfections. Now i do have 17s with 185/35/17s on, but prior to this work done, every thing was fine, no probs at all. The rubbers were actually split, and the bearing rumbling, would new rubbers make the car feel that different?

If the tracking wasnt done after changes get it done, all that slop missing now means your camber is changed a bit too.

I'd switch to 14s on 55 profile or 15 on 50 profile and wonder at the amazing improvement to NVH.

19 hours ago, Sausage said:

If the tracking wasnt done after changes get it done, all that slop missing now means your camber is changed a bit too.

I'd switch to 14s on 55 profile or 15 on 50 profile and wonder at the amazing improvement to NVH.

Sausage, you are spot on, only just noticed, the camber is way out, think that was a bit of a boo boo on the garages part, I'll be having words. As for the 17s sausage, they honestly drive fine, no probs at all, and its lowered on coilovers, and it looks great.