HELP!!!!!!!!!

dacca

Needing help! I have a 1.7 SDI and have a issue which is that it will not start , I put key in turn and have no glow plug light , before it refused to start it would take up to half an hour of turning the key on off on off waiting for the glow plug light to come on when it did flash on it would start straight away no issue and when started had no problems ie  didn't cut out etc but when turned off whether it ran for 5 minutes or 5+ hours it would still take just as long to start. Now I'm getting no glow plug light come on, now I have changed glow plugs, glow plug relay, fuel pump relay , have had it on a computer and not showing any issues gone through all wire's and connection and all OK and have changed little black immobiliser box that Connect's to the key reader and still nothing. As you can guess I'm a little stuck as to what it might be know its something simple please any ideas would be appreciated . forgotten to say that the car still turns over just doesn't fire up. Thanks for reading

40 minutes ago, Skezza said:

Relay 109

This.

The fact the glow plug light isn't lighting up and when it does it starts is what's known as 'a clue' ;)

There's an upgraded part no on the basis the original ones were so troublesome. Call VW, shouldn't cost any more than £20.

4 hours ago, JoeyEunos said:

This.

The fact the glow plug light isn't lighting up and when it does it starts is what's known as 'a clue' ;)

There's an upgraded part no on the basis the original ones were so troublesome. Call VW, shouldn't cost any more than £20.

The upgraded part can also be had from ECP for quite cheap. 

It has all the hallmarks of 109 though. No Glow Plug. Cranking for up to half hour etc. Had all the same problems until I walloped the relay box and the car magically kicked in. Replaced the relay. Ran fine ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Have managed to get a code come up on Delphi and it is 

01176 - Key faulty signal to low

Does this mean chip in key, key reader on barrel  both new key etc etc any ideas?

And would this be a reason why no glow plug light and not starting but turning over?

clips off the barrel, plugs into the box near the light switch at the back somewhere.

location refers to where you are, if you're local for example i will come fix it.

Just now, Rich said:

clips off the barrel, plugs into the box near the light switch at the back somewhere.

location refers to where you are, if you're local for example i will come fix it.

Most of dash is out already due to looking at wires to look for break in cables etc I'm located hertford /ware

• 2 weeks later...