Lupo gti £995

LexG

it's been for sale for a long time Brampton, NE Cumbria just off the M6 on the A69

https://www.gumtree.com/p/volkswagen/volkswagen-lupo-1.6-2001my-gti-3dr-px-to-clear-/1229811737

this is a cheap on too and its 6 speed

https://www.gumtree.com/p/volkswagen/vw-lupo-gti-service-history.-6-speed/1242868914

Edited by The Penguin

Ideal track car is dealer parlance for the ID is suspect would be my hunch, so the fact that he wont mot it is because either he cant (no vin) or it is suspect and he doesnt want it flagged up on databases.

So it is what it is, parts or a track day car most likely. But if you are interested you really need to go see it and get the story and triple check the vin is looking right and matches any docs with it.

But we could just be reading too much into that and it is just a dealer in higher end stuff and cant be arsed messing around getting an old clunker thru and MOT.

Edited by Sausage

This has been around for months! Think it started out at £2000 or there abouts and has gotten progressively cheaper as the weeks have gone by. I love the mismatched pedals, really completes the rough-around-the-edges look!

Personally my £1000 would go on this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707127314066?sort=price-asc&make=VOLKSWAGEN&postcode=bn18hh&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&model=LUPO&radius=1500&keywords=gti&page=1

11 hours ago, mickster said:

This has been around for months! Think it started out at £2000 or there abouts and has gotten progressively cheaper as the weeks have gone by. I love the mismatched pedals, really completes the rough-around-the-edges look!

Personally my £1000 would go on this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707127314066?sort=price-asc&make=VOLKSWAGEN&postcode=bn18hh&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&model=LUPO&radius=1500&keywords=gti&page=1

But that needs a decent amount of work too.....

8 hours ago, Skezza said:

But that needs a decent amount of work too.....

At least the history is known and it's not been mucked about with. Sure the high mileage isn't great but it's got the bonus of the raven factor.

high mileage is surprising as these engines are always at high revs which does cause wear.

fitting new rings isn't the end of the world though.

22 minutes ago, JoeyEunos said:

Car on the a69 is now for sale on facebook.

Advert makes clear it won't select 3rd gear :unsure:

And the story begins to unravel.

10 hours ago, Skezza said:

And the story begins to unravel.

Indeed.

9 hours ago, Rich said:

i have a spare box

gimme the details 

The facebook advert reads...

"Vw Lupo unwanted part exchange for my Bmw selling as is, bodywork a bit tatty boot don't open? Passenger window don't work few rips in seats, starts and stops as it should, does not select 3rd gear I don't know why? Mot just out, reg is there on pics do an mot history check, do your research it's £1000 no offers see how much the cheapest one on the net is for sale you will not find a cheaper one"

Reg can also be seen on the Gumtree add posted earlier in the thread.

I'll PM you the facebook page name in a mo' ;)

HTH.

55 minutes ago, JoeyEunos said:

Assuming third gear on it works I'd agree, a working third gear is definately a perk.

1, 2, 4, 5, easy solution :D