Urgent help required

Danskidan

Does anyone know why my car won't rev?

Seems worse now we have warm weather? Keeps throwing up throttle actuator fault with ecu reader..... seems to pop up when I let off to coast to a junction? Could this be an idle air control Valve issue? I'm new to VW ant help advice would be much appreciated.

20170607_152107.jpg

1.4 SE 16v.

Doesn't do it all the time, when it's running good it pulls really well.

On inspection all ignition components look well... no damage to leads etc. 

It's had the throttle body changed by previous owner and had the pedal box done too apparently.

So it's looking like I need a new throttle assembly? How likely is it that taking it off and cleaning it is gonna make much difference?

Would this throw up the manifold pressure too or should I look at replacing that sensor too?

Massive thanks for your help up to now.

This is my 1st VW.... Vauxhall, Ford or Scooby I pretty much now what causes what.

blast it with carb cleaner at low revs, clip the plastic bit off and clean the contacts inside and check the soldering for dry joints.

Cool cheers Rich..... I've just remembered ive got the old one the lad took off.... are they serviceable? I could clean the spare up n service then swap units if poss? Is there anyway of doing the basics settings without vcds/ vagcom?

So I'm out on the drive way looking to clean the throttle body..... which doesn't look to bad tbh and I notice this..........

Is it supposed to look like that? It's the electrical connection for the throttle body if the picture is bad?

20170709_114613.jpg

Right..... those wires are dead.... I chased them back and they've been chopped at the other end too and a new throttle body connection wired in.

I'm not sure I have the correct throttle body on my car someone please correct me of my thought process is wrong.

In the included picture the bits I've coloured in blue are the mounts for the unit..... the bits in red I assume are locating holes for the locating pins that the gaskets & throttle body sit on?

Mine don't line up? At all? Would a 1.6 throttle body fit? Would this have any benefit? Or a sport one rather than an SE? Or am I way off?

Thanks in advance

20170709_183305.jpg