Paul

Adjusting tickover on my SDi

Hello,

Please could someone point me in the right direction and show me what it is that I need to buy so that I can adjust the tickover speed of my SDi? The vibrations are getting worse, but applying a few revs more makes everything smoother. 

Thank you.

I've done A tutorial on this. I'm on my mobile though. Google Lupo Sdi smooth idle, I think it'll be top.

41 minutes ago, Skezza said:

I've done A tutorial on this. I'm on my mobile though. Google Lupo Sdi smooth idle, I think it'll be top.

Thanks Skezza! 

just been playing with the tickover on mine with standard unregistered version with ebay lead, looks like you can change values and test but you cant save to the ecu, registered version required for that.

Edited by Mobieus_uk
wording

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, Mobieus_uk said:

just been playing with the tickover on mine with standard unregistered version with ebay lead, looks like you can change values and test but you cant save to the ecu, registered version required for that.

I'm facing the same problem.

I bought the lead from Gendan, installed the Ross-Tech software on my laptop, followed Skezza's excellent guide with screenshots (thanks for that :thumbsup:), and found that the tickover was 924rpm. As far as I'm aware, it's never been adjusted because I bought the car at three and she's now 15.5 years old. I lowered it but found that things were smoother at 945rpm. However, I couldn't save it because the 'save' button was greyed out. I turned off the engine, re-started, and it had defaulted back to 924rpm.

Is there a clever way around this, so that I can set the value I'd like? 

Thank-you.

Paul

6 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm facing the same problem.

I bought the lead from Gendan, installed the Ross-Tech software on my laptop, followed Skezza's excellent guide with screenshots (thanks for that :thumbsup:), and found that the tickover was 924rpm. As far as I'm aware, it's never been adjusted because I bought the car at three and she's now 15.5 years old. I lowered it but found that things were smoother at 945rpm. However, I couldn't save it because the 'save' button was greyed out. I turned off the engine, re-started, and it had defaulted back to 924rpm.

Is there a clever way around this, so that I can set the value I'd like? 

Thank-you.

Paul

it proves that the lead and software are working, unless the early versions where unlocked it looks like you in the same boat as me, I'm selling my lupo so I'm even less inclined to spend the £90 to register the software to fix somthing I've already lived with for 2 years,lol