Modifying spare wheel well

jamesssn

I've recently fitted a sportex centre exit exhaust (the one that hangs below the bumper) to my 1.4 16v, and the next step for me would be to buy a 1.4 sport bumper and have the exhaust poking through the cutout, like on a GTI.

However if I remember correctly I read somewhere on here that it order to do this you need to modify the spare wheel well in order to do this.
Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience on the topic? ThanksB) 

19 hours ago, mattarosa said:

Masking tape, tape measure, grinder, welder, paint  :-) happy to help

2 hours ago, The Penguin said:

might be easier to modify the exhaust

So you'd suggest cutting a channel into the wheel well then bending the exhaust up into it? Sounds good, the spare wheel would have to go though presumably?

On 6/5/2017 at 4:00 PM, The Penguin said:

wouldn't be easier to buy a Sport, they are better cars overall, disc brakes all round, and a 100bhp engine

I was looking for a sport in good nick for months and had no luck,

then I came across an immaculate 1.4 S 16v with only 24k on the clock for a very cheap £1150, so I had to get it!

It still has 100bhp I believe, as it's the 16v version. I'll make a build thread sometime soonB)

On 6/6/2017 at 9:17 PM, jamesssn said:

I was looking for a sport in good nick for months and had no luck,

then I came across an immaculate 1.4 S 16v with only 24k on the clock for a very cheap £1150, so I had to get it!

It still has 100bhp I believe, as it's the 16v version. I'll make a build thread sometime soonB)

As above 75bhp; the sport has 100bhp, larger front discs 256 v 239mm plus rear discs and a slightly lower suspension. Front fogs as standard too. The centre exhaust is for fashion and stops you mounting a towbar, so if I still had a sport I'd be looking to modify it the other way