Lupo 20v Mid Engined RWD Build

Dannynewport1978

23 hours ago, Sausage said:

Can't help feeling sad about this one. There's still time to sell it on to me you know....

22 hours ago, Rich said:

it is already doomed.

It's currently on a life support but I'll be bringing it back to life very soon. Hopefully it will have a more active lifestyle than before too.B)

• 2 weeks later...

rip lupo gti.

I feel through the force that the price and rarity of mine has slightly increased.

you're too far south for me to buy the exhaust aren't you?

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a brand new Draper mig welder last week & it burned out just feeding the wire through the liner so sent it back & ordered a Sealey Supermig 180 so knocked me back a week already.? Hopefully should have the sububframe in place by the end of next week ready to fabricate the lower rose jointed wishbones.

Also after a bit of research I decided to go down the 2.1(2067cc) stroker kit that Integrated Engineering offer. Also now the EFR 6258 turbo is out of the question as it only takes up to 450bhp.  May have to go down the EFR8374 route now as it's still one of the fastest spooling turbos & is good for up to 750bhp. 

Edited by Dannynewport1978

• 7 months later...
43 minutes ago, Skezza said:

Well, we tried....

We did, and it turned out pretty much as expected with one less GTI.

I might have a punt if the bidding doesnt go silly, but it's lost  a lot of good bits already that devalue it massively and limit its options.

Edited by Sausage
splelling

I once fully restored an old morris minor to concours. it achieved 2nd place at the national, was offered good money for it many times and then I too got bored... i cut the damn thing up and put a quad turbo V12 in it. how stupid was I? hindsight is a wonderful thing....

1 hour ago, mk2 said:

I once fully restored an old morris minor to concours. it achieved 2nd place at the national, was offered good money for it many times and then I too got bored... i cut the damn thing up and put a quad turbo V12 in it. how stupid was I? hindsight is a wonderful thing....

Yeah but we told him before not to do it? Not the same in this case really.

i noticed this last week and discussed on WhatsApp.

i cant say I'm not smiling and didn't see this happening, let's hope whomever buys it does me a panel cut from it before it gets scrapped.

just had a mad thought... i helped build one of the first 4wd corrados, and at the time we had to fit the rear floor from a rally into a corrado to fit the subframe. instead of cutting out the old one, we managed to buy a brand new floor panel. custom welded it in and it was perfect. i'm sure it is possible to source a new panel. looks like Dan didn't cut right up to the edge, so me thinks if someone was keen enough, they could replace it and restore back to normal gti... it'd take time though. the rest of the floor would need to be cut out first, right up to the first weld seam which he left.

3 minutes ago, mk2 said:

just had a mad thought... i helped build one of the first 4wd corrados, and at the time we had to fit the rear floor from a rally into a corrado to fit the subframe. instead of cutting out the old one, we managed to buy a brand new floor panel. custom welded it in and it was perfect. i'm sure it is possible to source a new panel. looks like Dan didn't cut right up to the edge, so me thinks if someone was keen enough, they could replace it and restore back to normal gti... it'd take time though. the rest of the floor would need to be cut out first, right up to the first weld seam which he left.

That is the plan.