Bought another Lupo

The Penguin

I've just bought another Lupo, for my daughter, her current car a 1.4 16v se Lupo is close to death, gearbox, tyres, passenger door all need fixing/replacing. The car I've bought is the back to basics 1 litre no electric windows, no central locking, but everything works bar the power steering, [needs a replacement pipe] but I was surprised how easy it was to drive without the assistance but I suppose the aluminium block helps somewhat. I've sourced two power steering pipes from ebay, what I wanted to ask is should I try to do it myself or pay a garage for the work...how hard is it?:)

I know someone who had their power steering pipe replaced, if its the one that runs across the front it too an independent garage a few hours to do it, id be tempted to have a crack yourself.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 4:20 PM, The Penguin said:

I've ordered a brand new set [2 pipes] off ebay for £31 freepost

not the right bits though so it needs to come off to identify where its leaking from looks like the feed from the right side onto the steering rack unit [the non reservoir side]

got the long pipe from my local scrappy for £10 all good until I check on my car and see there's an electrical [abs?] connector plumbed in which the one I've bought doesn't have, don't fancy tapping into the replacement so its another ring round

Edited by The Penguin
detail