Strange Noise From Driver Door

JedB

Hi Guys,

Need help from someone who is good with these cars or maybe cars in general.

For the life of me I can't work out what is making this noise on the driver door when I open it, it sounds like a central locking noise, but this car doesn't have central locking (as far as i'm aware it never has). I have gone all inside the door but I can't find anything.

Local garage recons it's the catch mechanism making the noise and may need replacing which they quoted £50 refurbed catch mechanism + labour) for the weekend. It's worth noting that I think i'm going to do this regardless as the wire on the catch mechanism that connects to the door handle is extremely slack, and is currently tightened up by zip ties inside the lock. (would explain why the door handle sometimes doesn't work)

Just wanted to see if there were any other suggestions? As I have a current battery draw that i'm trying to locate, someone else suggest a comfort control module replacement.

Jed

Yeah, it sounds like it's the really common tie strap issue that stops the doors flying too far open. They creak, grind, pop and make all sorts of noises. Do a search and you'll find loads of solutions. First step might be a bit of grease needed...