VW Lupo 1999 1.4s Automatic - Lower Timing Belt Cover Needed

Karen W

Hi

The garage have managed to lose my lower timing belt cover. Local VW dealer advises there are none 'in stock' in the UK and it is going to take up to 3 weeks!

Does anyone have a 'spare' timing belt cover (lower cover) or one from a Lupo that they are breaking please?

Thank you.

Karen

• Karen W changed the title to VW Lupo 1999 1.4s Automatic - Lower Timing Belt Cover
  • Karen W changed the title to VW Lupo 1999 1.4s Automatic - Lower Timing Belt Cover Needed

I wonder how common this is...? When I got my second SDI, it too had the lower cam belt cover completely mashed.

I eventually had to go to Vdub, as people don't like to separate them from engines they have for sale (even though most people change the cam belt before they fit a new engine- and can use the old cover). cost me about £30 in the end. But I am trying to get my car back to mint condition again....

Oh by the way, if you have an auto gearbox, be sure to get it serviced- everyone forgets to do it- just needs a fluid/oil and filter change just like the engine.

Edited by mk2

Makes you wonder about the garage if they manage to lose a cover, sure its not wedged in the engine bay someware, wouldn't be surprised if its still on the car, its easy to place things around the engine bay then forget

2 hours ago, Rich said:

fair bit of effort to refit, assuming that's a freebie?

if the garage lost it then that would be their problem about refitting and supplying, without the cover makes the car non drivable in my eyes too much to lose if the belt gets trashed due to debris finding its way in

crank pulley will keep all the crap in too.

clearly Karen W is hot and they want her back in their lives.

shame about driving an auto.

• Like 1

Hi.

Thanks for comments.

The top belt cover was in the back of the car when I went to collect it from garage! Not sure why they removed it (they were cleaning engine and checking oil leak problem). Garage have been quite dismissive - 'There wasn't one on there.' etc. They say they have checked workshop and don't have it so I need to source a replacement and I don't trust them to find one. Once sourced, they have agreed to fit it FOC. Have checked engine bay and can't see it ...

Im pretty sure the part number your after is

036109127N, this part number superceeded 036109127H

stick that into ebay and plenty to choose from

found the information here http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/LU/year/2000/drive_standart/231/hg_ug/109/subcategory/109055/part_id/3685900/lang/e

hope that helps

5 hours ago, Karen W said:

Thanks everyone for their comments and help. I have now received a new cover from VW in Germany.

I suppose that's the best outcome if the garage are paying. :)