Help Lupo folding roof convert

Atops

you have bought an open air and you want a regular.

sell the car and buy another.

conversion entails chopping, welding and painting.

why don't you like it?

Well I wanted to get a regular but i struggled to find a decent 1.4 lupo at my budget. The car itself is very clean but i just don't see myself using the folding roof that much. Maybe it'll grow on me i was just trying to find out if there was a way just in case i still didn't like it after some time.

i think it is working, he just doesn't like the look.

have a look at my tdi I have for sale, I would consider a px with something like this...

5 minutes ago, mattarosa said:

so is the tdi sport I have refusal on, yours needs Cambridge rears and a bag to complete it.

the Cambridge rears are on the gti.

the bag gets used.

18 hours ago, Atops said:

Hey there, i just bought a 1.4 Lupo with a folding roof. Does anyone know how i can convert it to a normal hardtop roof? Many Thanks

I've once done that conversion. Like rich says there's a lot of work to do. Easier to switch car... I ended up fitting a hard glass sunroof in the end, as it was almost impossible to get the roof 'tension' right. When the frame of the folding roof is fitted, the original steel roof is stretched which messes with the rigidity of the structure if you ever remove it. You need to cut out a lot more out and weld more back in. Then you need to get the shape right. Hammering, heating, cooling, stretching, beating, swearing, drinking.... You get the picture. And then you need to respray and retrim the inside.

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, mattarosa said:

it is very very tempting to sell the 1litre se and buy this

5dqov4.jpg

tempting check strap picture.