Door check straps?

henry.0112

Hi everyone, both my doors make a clunking noise when opening and closing. I was wondering if this was the door check strap or if anyone else has had the same problem and it turned out to be something else.

Cheers Henry

You can buy improved metal bushings that you have to push into the door using something like a set of pliers or a g-clamp.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DEDEURE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A33WVAKC33C4TM

Here's the bush in question. You can get them cheaper. The company selling them have clearly started cashing on the fact Lupo drivers are buying them.

make sure they are greased up, they can go noisy when dry, they could of course be worn but i fitted new straps to mine without greasing (learning point,lol)and they went noisey very quickly, greased them up and now all ok

Both doors on mine are shagged, probably well past repairing. The passenger doors bangs really really loud when you open it, it bangs 3 times until its open enough to get out. The drivers side bangs twice. The cars a mess so i think it adds to the crapness of it all.