Seat Arosa 1.4 tdi 2001 heater dial

BronzedArosa

Yeah this is a pain to fix... There's a cable selector thing which operates a changeover flap. Dust gets into the hinge of the flap which then gets stiff to operate. The cable in 'push' mode can bend. You need to remove the centre console and panels above both footwells to get in there to access it. Also it's easier if you remove the seats... 

The hinge can then be vacuumed and washed out (carefully!) and relubed with silicone grease. Adding some white grease to the cable will also help smooth the mechanism.

• Like 1

Christ that's a bigger job then I thought. 

I've manage to get some more play out the knob, it now selects the footwell position.

Met by a fair bit of resistance after that. 

In all honesty a dash out scenario is above what I dare attempt.

when the centre bit comes out there is a metal brace, if the cables have been routed the wrong way here there is too much resistance.

easy one to check.

• Like 1

Never having changed a heater matrix in a lupo, i'm guessing from what people have told me is that it is the most difficult job of any. Every other job is easier. I believe the factory starts with a bare shell, then the first thing they fit is the matrix... Dash out is not so simple. If you can get to the cables and do some lubing, it'll probably help.