PLEASE HELP for convert from 1.4s to polo gti(avy)

vlavhs

First of all hi to all members of this club,i have readen so many topics of this forum,you are doing a great job.
My name is John and i am from Greece,unfortunately not so much lupo-lovers there so not much info on our blogs/forums even mechanics.
At this point before i ask you my questions i will ask you to forgive me for any language mistakes,i really try to use English correctly.

I know from other topics you would suggest go sell your lupo s and buy a lupo gti,but in Greece there are no gti at all.There are 2-3 that are converted to 1.6 but no GTI at all and no 6speed gearboxes.I have readen many topics from this forum propably the most organised all over the world for lupo.Lupo used to be my favourite car as a kid and i bought one 1.4s as my first car.
The seller tha was a common "friend" with a cousin of mine lied to us that it was a sport and i bought it...So because i really like this car i would really like to convert to 1.6,not so high insurance etc.I am not thinking at all 1.8/

So i have a lupo 1.4 s 75 bhp cable throttled (AKQ engine code)

QUESTIONS

1)As much as i know the engine mounts are the same i will not need changing them right?
2)Gearbox will fit or i need one from polo?i would prefer short shifting not so much high speed
3)i would also like to keep cable throttle because its a bit more "aggressive"(cant think the right word to use) is that possible?
4)as much as i read things that are absolutely neccesary to do the convert are engine(mr. obvious from Greece xD),engine and interior loom,ecu and chip from key?
5)do i need driveshafts?
6)can i use for the start my old exhaust system until i have more money to go for a performance exhaust system?
7)one other question if i can fit the whole dashboard from a polo gti 6n2 because mine has some damage?
8)is something that i need not mentioned?
9)are there are many ecu options from 1.6?i mean are there ecu that can be chipped,remapped and some not?

10)Sorry for so much said and asked i tried to be accurate,really appreciate your work in this place,you are the craziest lupo lovers seen.Have seen some unbelievably nice projects around.

thank you for reading and answering

4 minutes ago, mattarosa said:

Welcome john! 

Or maybe you could import a gti from Italy or Spain?

Rich is one of the best people to talk to about what will fit and what won't.

hello mate i havent thought the idea of importing from Italy or Spain,but i had searched it from importing from Germany and for such an old car the taxes were extremely high.

i have readen many times this topic its really helpfull but i think did not solve some parts of my questions as 3,5,6,7,9

i forgot to mention that i am not going to do this convert myself,i will go to mechanic to do it for me.But because its a car and an engine not really succeed in Greece i tend to trust more people like so i really know what needs to be done and not pay things not needed or even worse something goes worse.

3 minutes ago, mattarosa said:

3) yes

5) no

6) no

7) yes with some work

9) you could get it remapped if you wanted to spend the money

thank you for your answers really appreciate your time for reading and answering,some subquestions if you have time

3)that means that i wont need polo gti pedals and that i wont have problem with ecu which normally used by wire?

6)can if i change exhaust system to get it midle of the bumper or will it remain left?i can use from a polo gti then?
I have readen many topics around here for 4-1 manifold performance from ashley,awesome etc
is there an option of 4-2-1 manifold around?i would prefer not to make a custom if possible

7)when you say with some work will it need to be cutted?doesnt it have the same dimensions?or some work needed for wires etc?

3) you will be able to use your current pedal box and pedals

6) I'm sure there is an existing 4-2-1 manifold there are several around from different makes

7) I think the polo dash was slightly wider, and has a glove box, but doesn't your Lupo have a glovebox? 

35 minutes ago, mattarosa said:

3) you will be able to use your current pedal box and pedals

6) I'm sure there is an existing 4-2-1 manifold there are several around from different makes

7) I think the polo dash was slightly wider, and has a glove box, but doesn't your Lupo have a glovebox? 

3)ok really nice that was a big concern of mine,can i also use the same throttle body?or i need to fing one cabled from lupo sport?or from another model?
6)i will look further for that
7)my lupo has not a glovebox but from checking pics from another lupo for share i think 1.0 i saw a one there looking identical to that one from 6n2.thats why i tend to believe its almost the same.

19 minutes ago, mattarosa said:

3) if you message rich he will be able to shed more light on this!

7) I know it will fit but I'm not sure how much work it needs, either way changing a dash is a big job!

3)ok i will send him (loopmuscle is Rich?)
7)as long as i change interior loom,car clocks and my dashboard has taken damage from sun its a job to be done.

Thank you for your time mate,i really appreciate it,you helped me a a lot!
big ups from Greece!

Edited by vlavhs

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

rich doesn't need to know any of this.

Hello rich as i can understand you have too much knowledge of lupo converts etc,if you have some time to help me i would be grateful

7) 6N2 polo dash is much shorter, even though they look the same, so I doubt it will fit. All Lupo's have the same dash so just get another Lupo one of you want to replace it.

2 minutes ago, jon_273 said:

7) 6N2 polo dash is much shorter, even though they look the same, so I doubt it will fit. All Lupo's have the same dash so just get another Lupo one of you want to replace it.

sure about that mate?as long as that s sure and there are no lupos gti in Greece,is it possible to fit the polo gti clocks(the one with the round clock on top) in lupo dash?and then add at top the round plastic cover gtis have?

4 hours ago, weslangdon said:

buy an Arosa Sport from either Spain or Italy, it will be a better basis to convert to a 1.6 gti but you might find that the 100bhp it brings is enough for you

Hello mate I do not like at all arosa to tell you the truth,and we have lupo sports we do not have original gtis.I have been inside a cousin of mine converted gti with cams though and it was something that I would like to live as an experience in my car.from which point sports is a better basis;had searched some time ago the amount of money needed to import a gti but it was really really expensive.Without calculating the money for transferring the car I needed 2.500 euros just for import taxes etc.so if gti costs around 6-7 I would need 10.000!

Hi, if you have access to a Lupo Sport that will be fine, the Sport has disc brakes all round [bigger ones on the front compared to the 75bhp car] and a stiffer front suspension set up too. The brake upgrade is vital if you intend fitting the 125bhp engine

17 hours ago, weslangdon said:

Hi, if you have access to a Lupo Sport that will be fine, the Sport has disc brakes all round [bigger ones on the front compared to the 75bhp car] and a stiffer front suspension set up too. The brake upgrade is vital if you intend fitting the 125bhp engine

hello mate,i have already disc brakes upgraded all round but the suspension set is something that i should search futurely what to do about

28 minutes ago, weslangdon said:

Good to hear that, the point I was making is that the Sport model is a better starting point for a gti upgrade than either the 1 litre or the 75bhp car

yes of course its a better starting point.As i mention i got panked from the guy that sold me the car that was a friend of my cousin,that this was 100bhp car....bad karma at all...

On 3/25/2017 at 8:07 PM, vlavhs said:

sure about that mate?as long as that s sure and there are no lupos gti in Greece,is it possible to fit the polo gti clocks(the one with the round clock on top) in lupo dash?and then add at top the round plastic cover gtis have?

Yes I am very sure about that. The Polo clocks & cover fir but there will be a gap at the back.