Diffculty getting parts

lupo1.0se

Ok. I have decided to create this thread due to the Lupos are getting on a bit now and certain parts have become obsolete/ difficult to obtain

This is the list I am aware of.

GTI

1. Exhaust (back section 4 month wait)

2. Passenger ball joint (over 12 months I have heard)

3. Battery box cover (took a few weeks as was on back order)

4. Genuine Mats (Red Piping) (been obsolete for years. Exceedingly lucky if you get any)

5. Tyres (I know toyo proxies are available but summer tyres only in correct size)

6. Rear Spoiler (Very hard to find)

7. Rear bumper. (When mine had a little bump. Last I was aware there was only three in the UK (2015). Last I know is there is two new ones)

8. Bonnet. (If you order one from Vw you will only get a steel one. Not a aluminium one)

SE

1. Front wing badge (been obsolete since pre 2012. Last time I got some from Dale and one had to come from the isle of man)

If anyone wants to add to this list feel free.

Edited by lupo1.0se

What is the se front wing badge?

most of the common parts are still easily available from the dealers although I ordered some new rear bump stop cups, the part that holds the actually bump stop due to one of mine rotting through, and there is a 4 week back order on those. 

Is it this badge or the red and black one from the earlier SE?

IMG_2719.PNG

Edited by JB1.0e

I know my dealer had trouble obtaining painted brake callipers last year.  I spoke to Volkswagen Customer Service and they said they supply unpainted ones now.

Luckily the painted ones are available outside of the main dealer network.

The GTI passenger ball joint, honestly I ordered one and they had it for me the next day. This was only back in January so I'm not sure what the deal is with those and why people are having to wait so long.

11 hours ago, Skajme said:

The GTI passenger ball joint, honestly I ordered one and they had it for me the next day. This was only back in January so I'm not sure what the deal is with those and why people are having to wait so long.

I've been waiting for mine since the 19th January! I ordered both sides. The drivers side came within days. The passenger side still hasn't and I'm just sat here patiently waiting, ringing them every few weeks to check. Currently it's on back order and there's no date set. 

Edited by micp