mickyfinn

seat arosa non start

hi all having problems with little arosa 1400 mpi,has had new dizzy,leads,plugs,fuel relay,new coil sometimes it starts then cuts out,when driving cuts out and will not restart,currently been 2 days and wont go.have had computer on it,no faults or codes.any ideas pleeze wood be appreciated,thanx muchly.

Using what reader and software? Try it with vcds if it wasnt what you used.

Sounds like a cam or crank position sensor, but pointless guessing as vcds would tell you.

after my cambelt woes im pretty sure the cam position sensor will throw 1 of 2 codes, implausable signal which is definetly timing is out, and no signal meaning the sensor is toast or had become diconnected, maybe a few more but a code would be shown, I'm thinking more of fuel pump in the tank, im sure a member here had a similar problem and when the fuel pump in the tank was replaced all was well

Edited by Mobieus_uk

was using obd reader,it does not have cam sensor I think as its got distributor,will faulty crank sensor cause the car to run for a bit then cut out,finally not starting at all.....if crank sensor where is it thanx again.....

Edited by mickyfinn

did have cutting out problem before new parts went on,had to fit new parts as old ones 1997 was worn out and thought that wood cure it,do you think could be crank sensor but did not get any warning lights or fault codes

not sure what software used,its a handheld obd reader,what wood you recommend to diagnose further

by any chance do you know where the crank sensor is located,so I can pull it and test

Edited by mickyfinn

Get a cheap kkl lead of ebay preferably with a genuine ftdi chip in it (£5 - £10) and run vcds lite free or registered version (paid for or cracked) on a spare laptop. Seen it before where other readers dont pick up fault codes that vcds does.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/

Edited by Sausage

this is very liable to be crank sensor.

located under the starter motor in the bell housing

help......after a mother of a battle managed to remove starter motor and nothing there,no wiring or sensor.all I could see was knock sensor.any ideas where it could be located maybe under cam cover somewhere. I am lost with this one,any help wood be appreciated.car seat arosa 1400 mpi 1998 thanx guys

aaah, apx engine?

hi guys am still fighting non runner  have removed starter motor cant find sensor,nothing in timing cover running out time and patience,can any body help please

I don't think it has a crank sensor.

you might be best googling polo mk4 as they shared the same engine.

it may bring something up the same

today have done more checks and have no spark,am thinking immobiliser fault as seen on other pages have admitted defeat and gonna find auto electrician

just cant be bothered thanx for all your help

relay problem?

immob would start and cut out

back again....lol ...after testing guy said poss ecu gone down,,anybody heard this before or is he trying to fleece me lots of money

most of parts on car dated 1997,is it worth paying to be tested or replaced,thanx guys

he did mention the immobiliser was part of dash,is this right??? do the dash go wrong....help!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mickyfinn

If code reader consistently has comms with ecu then I'd say no. VCDS would make that obvious btw while connecting to ecu.

Immo isnt part of dash until immo 3 cars afaik.

thanx sausage have wondered did the arosa have relay 109 as could not find it on board or is it separate from board

the car is 1998 1400 mpi,just have no spark,good little car up till now

look up mk4 polos, one must have had the same issue.

• Like 1