Crash Advice

itsian

I got a minor shunt on my way home at T junction with stop sign where I stopped and was rear ended, dented rear cross member  , hurt my back where bar across drivers seat banged me just above pelvis. Now two weeks ago. Contacted insurance ,same company as hers... Its my fault for stopping.!!..Cant get any joy from them at all as they belive her,I stopped for no reason.. ,they advised me to get a solicitor onto it if I want at my expense.. I thought if I was stationary and hit it was their fault?

I only have tpft

Any advice?

Cheers

Ian

Sorry, I split this from the original thread.

Firstly, i would go back to your insurance and re-advise regarding the STOP sign with photos.

Did you report it to the police? You could approach them and ask for advice of who was, in their eyes, at fault.

Do you have legal cover with your insurance? If so use it.

You could always put a complaint to the insurance ombudsman.

Sadly it appears insurance companies will often pull this ****, you will have to do some leg work to supply the evidence as said above re the stop sign etc. They know you only have tpft and are trying to make you bugger off and not get your car repaired on their purse.

If you get nonsense back just escalate it to the ombudsman immediately.