mk1 seat arosa feul pump

streetfightwr600

Hi all first post had my little arosa since November and it's been cutting when turning left when I have a quarter of a tank or less so I checked my jets same issue blanked my egr same issue changed feul filter same issue issue cleaned throttle bottle same issue so I took the feul pump out of the tank and guess what guys half of it is missing and what is there is hanging of a cable ties that has to be the problem I'm guessing so a new part is £310 that's half what I payed for it and local scrap yards have none in so can I use 1 from a polo any answers would be great cheers in advance

What's your part number? Probably not much difference in them as long as they are physically the same size, mounts, pipe fittings, electrical fittings etc then should be fine. Otherwise if they are the same physically but different electrics or other bits you could make 2 into 1 with bits off yours.

Probably worth fishing the bits out of the tank if they are loose in there too.

My part number so 6x0 919 051 g no parts in the tank thinking it was done to make it work without having to replace to sell it works and it's OK as long as I treat a quarter of a tank as empty wich isn't a bad thing to do just would like it to work properly may just grab what's missing from the polo at the scrappy use the bottom from that and the workings from mine 

Might even be wrong pump anyway if the sender is giving wrong level and you think it's been messed with. You could try moving the float arm while watching the gauge and see if it has full travel or makes your gauge read empty at all, maybe bending the float arm (up i think?) will get you a more accuracy on the gauge.

When i pulled out my float assembly its a very simple variable resistor that is used to measure fuel level, i had problems with the gauge no going over halfway, i used some very fine emery paper and polished up all the connections on the resistor and the connecting piece on the arm, you may find that the lower end of the scale needs a clean and dispite your fuel levels it wont read lower than 1/4 tank, its a easy job if you have already removed the assembly once before