Are Ingenie good?

WLKR

Hi guys! I've got a good quote on Ingenie black box and i'm wondering if they're a good company? I haven't seen any bad things about them.

How far can you go over speed limits? I've seen some insurers say 50% over but never over 100, some say 30mph over, but it seems ingenie is quite strict so i presume if any it will only be 5mph.

I'm not that bothered i'm just curious for my insurance premiums sake.

(I only passed my test 6 days ago and i'm 17, hence the black box)

7 hours ago, WLKR said:

How far can you go over speed limits? 

(I only passed my test 6 days ago and i'm 17, hence the black box)

Give them a ring and ask for the tolerances. 

Edited by cj1

4 hours ago, cj1 said:

Give them a ring and ask for the tolerances. 

I don't want to sound like I'm intending on breaking the law, the average person most likely wouldn't really care about tolerances/acceptions.

1 hour ago, WLKR said:

I don't want to sound like I'm intending on breaking the law, the average person most likely wouldn't really care about tolerances/acceptions.

I highly doubt anyone can honestly say they've never gone over the speed limit. 

But with this in mind I'd recommend either A) as @Sausage mentioned on your other thread, drive within the limits for the first year to get some NCB, or B pay a little more to get insurance without the box. 

Ingenie like to take the law into their own hands and fine you everytime you go over the speed limit, so when they say you premiums good down with good driving the opposite applies too, last year i insured my son with privilage for 1700, this year with 1 years no claims its cost just over £1000 with admiral, no black box on either insurance

i always use moneysupermarket to ge the quotes, paying the premium in one go can save you money as well but understand that may not be possible

Edited by Mobieus_uk

2 hours ago, Mobieus_uk said:

Ingenie like to take the law into their own hands and fine you everytime you go over the speed limit, so when they say you premiums good down with good driving the opposite applies too, last year i insured my son with privilage for 1700, this year with 1 years no claims its cost just over £1000 with admiral, no black box on either insurance

i always use moneysupermarket to ge the quotes, paying the premium in one go can save you money as well but understand that may not be possible

Been getting attrocious quotes from admiral, best have been Ingenie, RAC, Auto Saint & Carrot.

Ingenie say on their site they won't fine you and their black box isn't used as a speeding camera though.

they may have changed their policies then, you will find with insurance that the best deal this year will be the worst next year

last year privilage gave the best deal at 1700, i know its high but factors like where you live and what you do for a living have a big impact, this year after 1 years no claims they came in at 1400, admiral did it for just over 1000 but the catch was i had to pay fully upfront, still saved 400 though this is with a 18yearold, 20year old and myself on a 1.7sdi