Suggestions?

Ryan5257

Recently brought my vw Lupo as a first car and had to do loads of work on it so far, my most recent problem is that it's running to rich still? It had a decat and didn't have no lamba sensors or anything like that so was drinking petrol I recently put a cat on it and brought all the sensors and fitted a new exhaust system and it's still running a little rich, I plugged in the dionostics kit and it says rich tread bank 1 sensor 1 any ideas? 

I dont think it'll mean anything to anyone on here... But i could be wrong! "Thread" "bank"?!?! Its not a "V" engine. And as for thread.... Anyone know much about sewing machine motors? Ah, no, that's the Daihatsu forum....

have you tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU, if its gone from not having a lamba sensor to then having one it may need to relearn and make adjustments as this sensor checks the oxygen in the exhaust system which is a really good guide to whats happening with the combustion process

Yeah it's this - P0135 is the OBD-II generic code indicating the engine control module (ECM) has tested the O2 sensor heater circuit and has detected a problem with the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor heater circuit.

O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1)

Should I have two sensors or should I only have one? Because I thought that I should have to I should have a pre cat and then one for my cat? 

I haven't got round to solving it yet but will be changing the sensor when I've got spare time, 

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1864.JPG

Yes the cure is replace your pre cat lambda sensor, they breakdown inside overtime and can be finished off by a sudden jolt, ie pothole, mine went just before an mot, the dealers said try running it and if that doesn't work replace. You may also have seen a decrease in fuel economy.