got to start somewhere!

indiglo

Bought my soft blue 1.0l LUPO for £400 in Dec 2016 with brand new mot but super scruffy as a winter project. already given it a deep clean and started mopping the bodywork. previous owner had painted all the grey plastic interior trim black, but its wearing and flaking off all over the place...right mess. SO having converted a few camper vans over the last few years, I decided to cover loads of bits in 4 way stretch material and well pleased with the results. (pics to follow) . on the look out for some nice retro 14' alloys and looking to read up on best ways to lower it.  Also need to give the rear axle a good look over to see if it can be wired brushed and painted or if it needs replacing.....with a brand new MOT I hope it can be tidied up, but have seen posts that imply this might not be the case. fingers crossed as if it needs replacing, that's the alloy wheel fund hit hard. 

IMG_20170120_134525.jpg

• 1 month later...
On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, indiglo said:

Bought my soft blue 1.0l LUPO for £400 in Dec 2016 with brand new mot but super scruffy as a winter project. already given it a deep clean and started mopping the bodywork. previous owner had painted all the grey plastic interior trim black, but its wearing and flaking off all over the place...right mess. SO having converted a few camper vans over the last few years, I decided to cover loads of bits in 4 way stretch material and well pleased with the results. (pics to follow) . on the look out for some nice retro 14' alloys and looking to read up on best ways to lower it.  Also need to give the rear axle a good look over to see if it can be wired brushed and painted or if it needs replacing.....with a brand new MOT I hope it can be tidied up, but have seen posts that imply this might not be the case. fingers crossed as if it needs replacing, that's the alloy wheel fund hit hard. 

just added a pic of the recovered centre console. looks a bit louder than I was expecting, but with lots of black in the cab, think it should look good. Id appreciate constructive comments....

IMG_20170120_134525.jpg

IMG_20170216_095815.jpg