Brembo brakes

Dare

Yes mate thats right.

They only fit behind 16" wheels, and have to have enough clearance fr the depth of the calipers so most 16s wont fit over.

Ross with his 17s couldn't get his wheels back on last year when he had a set.

the wheels are defo the importent point here smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

This can be sorted out guys!!!!!!!

I was at Oulton Park on wednesday driving an Evo 6 around and my dad and brother were chattin to a bloke who had a mk1 golf with a 1.8T engine in it.He was running Brembo's and 15" Compomotive's,proper track car full rollcage etc.

My dads got a modded Ibiza Cupra 1.8T and he's running 16" Compomotive MO's with Brembos so got chatting away to the 2 blokes with the Golf about his car and their golf.The guy told my dad that when he ordered his wheels he did it direct from the Compomotive factory and asked them to machine away part of the back of each spoke because he wanted to run 305mm Brembos and he wanted them to fit.He also said they didnt charge him anything extra to do the little bit of machining and it wouldnt weaken them even for track use.

So there you have it,it is possible to run 15's with 305mm Brembo Brakes

They were 15"x7

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Oh i have a pic of it aswell biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> so ill kindly ask Tigz to host it for me

Tom

Edited by GTi T

Ive just been speaking to Badger 5 (As advised Previous thread)

about the Brembo kit they do for the Lupo gti. The guy might of had his wires crossed but apparently the kit they do will only fit behind 16" wheels??

Surley thats just stupid!!!!!

Anyone??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're not designed for the Lupo GTI, they just happen to fit. If you have 16 inch wheels. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I wouldn't like to machine away chunks of my alloys - not sure I trust their claim it wouldn't weaken them...

I would trust a company like Compomotive though if theyve machined wheels,i wouldnt say chunks..its sounds like theyre hacking bits off,lol,they said all they had to do was change the settings on the machine before to the guy and it wasnt a problem.

T

Fair enough. Not sure I'd do it without a written statement of liability in the event of failure, but I guess if they only take a bit off then you might want to risk it.

Still must be taking the best part of an inch of metal off in total though...

Toms-Super-Solo-Evo--Oulton-Park-004.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

If I remember rightly Compomotive's allow larger calipers from stock.

I remember reading it somewhere on here once.

Badger5 Ltd can now offer on a limited supply basis a Superbly Priced, amazing Brembo 4-Pot caliper disk and brake upgrade to owners of Seat Ibiza Cupras and Golf 2 derivatives. This upgrade kit comprises a Pair of 305x28 disks, Caliper Carriers, Brembo 4-Pot calipers, pads, stainless braided hoses (call to confirm spec)and all associated mounting hardware and instructions. Minimum wheel diameter requirement is 7"x16" ET35, 4x100 & 38mm clearance between wheel hub and spoke rear. Call for latest prices from £495 GBP for the complete kit + carriage.

Basically, you need 38mm caliper clearance as defined here:

wheel-section-view.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

So get your tape measure out smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You could always use 5mm spacers if they won't quite fit.

i got a set of these to fit when the cars back.. my porsche rims didn't have enough clearance but the hub adapters thankfully works a spacer so aslong as it's a 20mm adapter then im fine. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

oh and they're 16's.