Arosa no spark.

Bethingham

Hi I'm new to this forum. 

Just wondering if anyone can help me! I have an 03 plate seat arosa (1 litre). The car broke down whilst slow moving started making banging noise. Garage found there was no spark from ignition after changing coil pack, HT leads and spark plugs. 

Has anyone had this problem before or have any idea what's wrong? Everything else works fine the car just turns over when starting 

thank you

is the coil pack getting power to it, its interesting that the car hasn't thrown a code, maybe you got complete ECU failure as my understanding is the coil pack gets it signal from the ECU and the ECU gets its information from the cam position sensor

if the sensor, ecu, belt and coil are 100%, then the only thing left is loom.... :( But thinking about it, you'd get a code for a loom fault, since continuity would be broken. Hmmm. Sure the ecu output stage is ok?

Edited by mk2
Another thought...

17 hours ago, Bethingham said:

Like a thudding, like the engine was going to jump out

You have the right firing sequence? Somehow managed to swap things around by accident....? 

Another thought- checked the crank sensor and wiring?

Edited by mk2

there's a no start Tt on the Tt forum, I pointed out how to make it go but they're busy ****ing on with the fuel pump.

the ECU feed repay under th dash has stopped working similar to the 109 issues here.