Oldest Vw Lupo? 20 years of lupo THIS year

lupo1.0se

Hi all

As some of you maybe aware. THIS year will be 20 years since the Lupo was launched in the UK. So which is the oldest one around? The oldest Lupo I knew that 100% existed was R992PDC. Are there any others around? Unfortunately, this car was scrapped in 2012 (my circumstances where different at the time, otherwise I would of made an offer). I still have a pic of it though.

IMG_20121006_094919.jpg

Edited by lupo1.0se
Date wrong. Was launched Feb 1997 according to the rac

58 minutes ago, jamesdeane91 said:

I know I'm trolling a Lupo thread here, but I have a '98 Mk1 Arosa. It's a Northern Ireland reg, but would've been an R reg as far as I know.

I have seen Arosas on an R reg. We talking lupos here. This is the only one I have ever seen/seen a photo of that is on a R. Hence why the thread.

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't think I have seen an r reg either.

Sure someone didn't facelift an arosa?

Yes there are couple of facelifted arosa around (a red one and blue one at least). But this one had the dash the lot. So not facelifted arosa

Edited by lupo1.0se
should of said arosa instead of lupo

It even still comes up on the DVLA...

Also according to how many left. These where the models registered by end of 1997

E = 2077

E Auto = 112

E Sdi = 123

S = 1554

S Auto = 273

S SDI = 259

So there has to be some still around? Not all of these could of been 'dealer specials'

Edited by lupo1.0se
More info

2 hours ago, JoeyEunos said:

I own one of the oldest MX5/Eunos's left on British roads (1989 on a 'G' reg) 

Off topic on a Lupo thread though, can't help with that. My SDI is an '01, luckily the right side of the £30 tax change by a mere 12 days IIRC.

On that point. It does make wonder if this was part of the reason why vw never bothered with the 3l over here?

On further investigation. This may not be the oldest. When looking on the DVLA it was registered in May 1999. So this car cannot be it. Why you would do this is beyond me. The question stands. Who has the oldest?

14 hours ago, Rich said:

my mk2 is the 12th of march 1984, find an older!

Wow! I didnt think they were launched till about may that year! I'd love to see an original, without all the mods they did to it over the life time of the mk2. Shame you're so far away...