Airbag retrofit

Trx 33

Long shot here, but does anybody know if you can retrofit passenger and seat airbags to a model with drivers only?

I have a donor car with the aforementioned parts so would it be a case of splicing the two looms together or is the airbag system linked into any other modules?

Before you ask why, i would like to swap dashboards, but the SRS badge is present on the donor so id like to keep it legit.

• 1 month later...

Okie dokie, little update.

Ive been looking at the wiring diagram and it would appear i would only need to graft in the extra bags and sensors, all of the rest of the wiring should be there.

32907954870_2bd7d66f00_b.jpg

33135541462_ca6ecac098_b.jpg

Id hate to go to the trouble of wiring everything up only to find the airbag control module is coded specifically to the donor.

Some wires also go to the central locking module, i tried swapping these over a little while back to get a flip key coded to the car with no luck, the connectors had different locating tabs, i shaved a bit off the terminals to get them to fit with no luck, this unit will not have to be swapped over too will it?  

33291504735_85b70c138b_b.jpg

33163313891_8ae5f214db_b.jpg33163316401_8a9fe756ef_b.jpg

33291504945_89fd93ecbc_b.jpg