Not lining up - Front end Mk2 Arosa

AydanDalz

Right, so I recently purchased a 2002 Seat Arosa. Overall it was a tidy apart from odd scuffs and imperfections expected from a 14 year old car. But after switching front bumpers I've noticed the front end doesn't line up properly and it's really starting to bug me. I have a feeing it's been in a collision on the drivers side at some point in its life, but was just wondering if there was anything I can do to rectify it? Or will I just have to live with it? Can provide pictures if you want to see. Thanks in advance.

49 minutes ago, AydanDalz said:

Right, so I recently purchased a 2002 Seat Arosa. Overall it was a tidy apart from odd scuffs and imperfections expected from a 14 year old car. But after switching front bumpers I've noticed the front end doesn't line up properly and it's really starting to bug me. I have a feeing it's been in a collision on the drivers side at some point in its life, but was just wondering if there was anything I can do to rectify it? Or will I just have to live with it? Can provide pictures if you want to see. Thanks in advance.

There's scope for quite a bit of adjustment on the wings themselves but first you need to identify the problem. If it has had a front end collision then there maybe handling and steering issues. If not then whatever damage there is is most likely superficial, a car park shunt or even banging a trolley can knock things out of alignment. Pics will help

IMG_1414.JPG

These are all I have right now, can snap a few more tomorrow. But towards the bottom of where the wing meets the headlight it's touching and towards the top it's easily a 10mm gap.

IMG_1461.JPG

Bonnet is off-centre as you can see, and the gap above the headlight is different on both sides.