Lupo wipers

I was wondering if it's normal or are there something wrong with my Gti's wipers. There is only two wiper settings in the stalk. Down is single wipe and up is really slow intermittent wipe. Wiper mechanism is fine, as I took it apart and oiled the joints and everything is moving smooth there.

I mean there is better wipers in a lot crappier and older cars I've driven...

19 hours ago, Pete said:

Tbf you've owned your lupo for ages and have only just noticed this? Your stalk must be buggered if it only has 2 settings accessible.

Well I always thought it just was that way and there is nothing wrong with it, so I never bothered to look into it. And i usually don't drive my loop in the rain anyways.

10 hours ago, Rich said:

my stalk sometimes leaves the wiper halfway up, if I touch it whilst it is moving it also stops.

Yes, mine does that too. Sometimes wiper just creeps up really slow when i lightly move the stalk.

9 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

You should have 3 positions:

Down - slow intermittent wipe

Up x1 - slow continuous wipe

Up x2 - fast continuous wipe

So seems like I'm missing the fast position... The stalk doesn't even move there.

19 hours ago, mk2 said:

Yes, thank you. I used that to dismantle the stalk!

However, the reason for my half working wiper stalk is actually that dent in the plastic between the copper contacts. Seems like there has been a short circuit and it melted a dent there. Filling that dent solves my issue.