What can be added without racking my insurance up?

Joechapl

Evening all, 

Here is my Lupo 1.0. Are there any suggestions that could be made to improve the car? I've just got a new set of doors with electric windows so I will wire them up and a new bumper and indicator grill. I also have a subwoofer, wired up some front fogs and wired up some DRL switchbacks. Other than that, what can be done?

IMAG0637.jpg

Ok. If the car had alloys wheels. On Elephant policies they don't charge. Interior changes can be added too for minimal cost. When I had my se they charged me a extra £10 (or something similar) to declare on the policy.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2017 at 5:52 PM, lupo1.0se said:

Ok. If the car had alloys wheels. On Elephant policies they don't charge. Interior changes can be added too for minimal cost. When I had my se they charged me a extra £10 (or something similar) to declare on the policy.

What were those interior changes and what was the overall cost for insurance?

1 hour ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

If you need any help with modified cat insurance please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

I'm with these ^, have been for the past 9 year. Can't recommend them enough. 

14 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

If you need any help with modified cat insurance please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Cat insurance, to help your vehicle purrrrr along.

If you are a new driver and dont have any no claims discount built up I'd highly recommend you leave the car standard for the 1st year and try hard to get that 1st years ncd before bothering with any mods.

Yours is lowered and has wheels on already though....

18 minutes ago, Sausage said:

Ever made a claim with them?

Nah mate, only thing I've ever had to call them for was when my window screen got a chip in. They got it sorted for me within a few days. 

Is this where you tell me some horror story? 

Edited by micp
Spelling

On 1/18/2017 at 2:01 PM, micp said:

Nah mate, only thing I've ever had to call them for was when my window screen got a chip in. They got it sorted for me within a few days. 

Is this where you tell me some horror story? 

- Shared this thread a week or so ago:  http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/194706/adrian-flux-roadhalo  

Make your own mind up. I rang them once to get a quote, never again. 

When you say "Can't recommend them enough" it would usually imply they'd done something out of the ordinary which made you seriously impressed with their service. That's the problem with people recommending insurance companies, realistically they don't do much for you.

Edited by cj1

Not speaking from personal experience as i have never made an insurance claim in 30 years of driving, but it is a well documented fact that it is when you need them most that an insurance company shows its true colours and some are on the pathetic end of the spectrum.

Someone on here had a Mk 2 golf stolen from their driveway and it was found burnt out in a field, the insurance company would not pay out as it was found off the road. I would sorely love to know which bunch of crooks that insurance company was.

Edited by Sausage
some words

6 hours ago, Sausage said:

If you are a new driver and dont have any no claims discount built up I'd highly recommend you leave the car standard for the 1st year and try hard to get that 1st years ncd before bothering with any mods.

Yours is lowered and has wheels on already though....

I've just been able to swap my suspension for standard with my mate but I think I'll do away with the wheels soon and find some standard steels and keep the alloys for later. Has anyone tried modified insurance for new drivers?

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:02 PM, cj1 said:

@Silver! shared this thread a week or so ago:  http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/194706/adrian-flux-roadhalo  

@cj1 Err, really? I can't see me sharing that?