GTi boot won't unlock

pk1was

Took interior panel off and the actuator/solenoid isn't pulling the rod, can't see how to go about removing the solenoid... anybody done it before?

Not experienced this before in a lupo, but is it possible that the wires snap next to the hinge at the top (inside the rubber duct thing). They do break in many other vdubs....

@mk2 @Rich. Can't see it being, when I press the fob to unlock, the actuator tries to pull the rod but it's like it's not got enough power to do it fully, just pulls it a tiny bit then stops. From what I've found it seems to be quite common on mk4 golfs

I had this on mine when I first bought it, thought it was the actuator so changed it- wasn't that.... I used a pair of needle nosed pliers to carefully remove/loosen the screws.

It turned out to be a slowly seizing lock barrel which eventually seized solid, if this is what's wrong with yours all is not lost, it will only be expensive if you get a new coded to the car lock/barrel/handle.

Hope this helps,

Martin.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rich said:

I hate those lock barrels

So do I, particularly when the loom wiring to the actuator plug broke after I had put it all back together....:(

:)

Martin.

Edited by Tourist
I can't spell....lol