Lupo 1.0 Complete Coolant Flush Help

Hi all, the coolant in my 1.0 Lupo has turned brown. I need to do a complete coolant flush but I've never done one before so can anyone help us and list the process of flushing the coolant in a 1.0 Lupo? Cheers, Luke

Take top and bottom hoses off the radiator and use a hose pipe to flush the radiator until clean and then stick the hose in the other end and reverse flush it, repeat on the heater matrix pipes near the bulkhead (make sure heater is on hot so water flows thru it) and the engine block, you'll probably want to take the thermostat out too while flushing the block.

There's probably some magic mixtures you can put in to help this process but unless it is really bad it's likely not worth it.

Edited by Sausage

4 hours ago, Rich said:

I'm Mexican, I spent two days running around with a couple of dishwasher tablets in the tt to flush all the rust out.

I'm English, and I watch Michael Rosen and Ainsley Harriot YTP'S. #GiveYeMeatAGoodOldRub #PlumsAndThings

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sausage said:

Take top and bottom hoses off the radiator and use a hose pipe to flush the radiator until clean and then stick the hose in the other end and reverse flush it, repeat on the heater matrix pipes near the bulkhead (make sure heater is on hot so water flows thru it) and the engine block, you'll probably want to take the thermostat out too while flushing the block.

There's probably some magic mixtures you can put in to help this process but unless it is really bad it's likely not worth it.

Thanks for the reply mate :)