Crunchy brakes?

2 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Do you know if the car had been left unused for a long time? If yes, then it may be nothing more than stuck rings... Add 1:50 diesel to your petrol. And remove each spark plug and add about a tablespoon or two of diesel to each cylinder and allow to soak for at least 48h. Might cure it. Old trick!

Hmm I dunno, Possibly, as it was full of water <_< 

I dunno if I dare try that! Haha I'll get danno to do it. Remember I just learned how to open the bonnet :lol:

I'll let you know how that pans out... :)

The abs fault will be the source of your brake noise(you're welcome) the cutting out is something totally different. 

If your brakes and steering went AFTER the engine died then that is totally normal, if the steering and brakes went BEFORE the engine died then that's something different entirely. 

Get your bloke to do a charging rate check of your battery. If the car isn't charging then the battery could be flat as a fart and at its earliest convenience-the engine speed/revs-it'll conk out. Also it could be a crappy earth somewhere or even the alternator itself but start with the battery check. 

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

The abs fault will be the source of your brake noise(you're welcome) the cutting out is something totally different. 

If your brakes and steering went AFTER the engine died then that is totally normal, if the steering and brakes went BEFORE the engine died then that's something different entirely. 

Get your bloke to do a charging rate check of your battery. If the car isn't charging then the battery could be flat as a fart and at its earliest convenience-the engine speed/revs-it'll conk out. Also it could be a crappy earth somewhere or even the alternator itself but start with the battery check. 

Thanks Pete :)

I shall get him on the job x