GTI performance battery replacement

WRC

Factory battery is a 61Ah/330A

Not sure on upgraded batteries as its something I've never looked into, but lighter has got to be better, right?

• Like 1

Yep! I work as a parts advisor for a main dealer so have access to ETKA and ELSA and checked my chassis number on both, they are the specs for mine!

• Like 1

I run a 30AH Odyssey in the rally car, works perfectly well. So imagine that a 30-40 one would be perfectly fine for yours too. Presume you've no radio etc.... 

Then again I also don't have the heater system as I know you do... 

1 minute ago, cj1 said:

I run a 30AH Odyssey in the rally car, works perfectly well. So imagine that a 30-40 one would be perfectly fine for yours too. Presume you've no radio etc.... 

Then again I also don't have the heater system as I know you do... 

i have the radio, the heater is still there. sometimes i use the camera to film..

No A/C though...

so i shall try bigger? how is it yours? the fitting? any pics, please? 

If there isn't one on the build thread I'll have to take one and upload it later... but mine is in original mounting under the bonnet... It may be fine! Although mine doesn't power much... 

Light bar, full beams, GoPro, map light, these were all on at once with no issues.... I'd try the 40, would expect it to be fine.

Still find it odd you have the radio, then again I think I'd enjoy it for a bit of start line motivation! :P