HELP

Josimo

Hi, just been to the shops, and my beloved lupo wouldn't pull away from the lights, it was like he was stuck in gear, then when he did eventually pull away , he set off with a thump from the gear box!! ? Please tell me his box isn't on the way out ??? 

I think your gearbox just went... Sorry.

Thump from gearbox is not good. But on a lighter note, it is the same as the polo, and there are lots of scrapped automatic polos with reasonable gearboxes.  They are a known weak point as people forget that they need a service every couple of years. Flush with new fluid and a filter change. Clean magnet.

• Like 1

Well if its working again, then at the earliest opportunity, get the box serviced. There might be bits of metal floating around in the fluid. Don't forget to have the diff fluid changed at the same time. There's also a magnet in the diff case that's worth cleaning.

Its not worth the hassle getting stranded somewhere.

I hope the problem was nothing more than low and old fluid :)

• 4 weeks later...

Had it serviced, and it's just as bad..the engine is now knocking..the exhaust is blowing..it's only done just over 75thousand miles! Going to break him sadly ?If anyone wants anything, text me 07711091347..jo

IMG_0905.JPG

• Like 1

A new exhaust for £55 will probably get you a few more years.... Any car you buy needs servicing and maintenance- I think the lupo is definitely a cheaper option. And the box is good now :)