Pop Out Windows

henry.0112

Not a difficult job, but it is messy, time consuming and frustrating to get the original out and clean off all the rubbery gunge, plus you need some captive nuts for the B pillar to fit the pop out. I started it on an Arosa TDI and after doing one side I decided against the other

On 04/11/2016 at 6:51 PM, weslangdon said:

Not a difficult job, but it is messy, time consuming and frustrating to get the original out and clean off all the rubbery gunge, plus you need some captive nuts for the B pillar to fit the pop out. I started it on an Arosa TDI and after doing one side I decided against the other

How did you clean off the rubber gunge? I got some off but gave up in the end...

On 11/06/2016 at 6:47 AM, weslangdon said:

I cut it off as best I could with a stanley and used a sanding block, theres probably a solvent out there that'll do it but I'd expect it to take the paint and my skin with it too so I didn't go down that route

I'd try clutch and brake cleaner. Or petrol. Or thinners. The paint system on a lupo is 2k isocyanate based, and is resistant to just about any solvent!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cj1 said:

Give petrol a go, it cleans anything!

I second that ! when i removed my side rubbing strips i tried loads of stuff to get the glue off nowt worked, guess what ? Petrol did the job.

• Like 1