Clutch kits

Mobieus_uk

planning to replace the clutch while the gearbox is off, any recommendations i was looking at this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Lupo-1-7-SDi-Dual-Mass-Replacement-Flywheel-Clutch-Kit-/172272884014?fits=Model%3ALupo&hash=item281c43992e:g:kzUAAOSwyDxXhu7Z

comes with a a new flywheel and 2 years warranty, or should i stick to just the clutch

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232049182649?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i like the second option as its eurocar parts not a firm thats likely to disappear overnight and the clutch is a Luk which ive heard is a good make

this might be a dumb question but it relates to the clutch, I'm pretty sure they have supplied the wrong clutch or at least the bits have got mixed up in the box but here is the dumb question, should the clutch release bearing be about the same size hole as the one in the clutch plate, as my bearing looks fine but the clutch plate is way smaller

Clutch.jpg

Edited by Mobieus_uk

8 minutes ago, Sausage said:

I may have misunderstood what you meant but the release bearing presses on the fingers so needs to be bigger than the hole to do that. Pics might help.

I may have not explained it properly and i think you replied while i uploaded the pic, but in a nutshell the clutch plate should be about 20.4mm but is about 17mm, the bearing fits on the shaft and sits on the sleeve but the clutch plate does not fit on the input shaft of the gearbox

On 31 October 2016 at 6:03 PM, Mobieus_uk said:

this might be a dumb question but it relates to the clutch, I'm pretty sure they have supplied the wrong clutch or at least the bits have got mixed up in the box but here is the dumb question, should the clutch release bearing be about the same size hole as the one in the clutch plate, as my bearing looks fine but the clutch plate is way smaller

Clutch.jpg

^ Is that the LUK kit from EuroCarParts?

11 hours ago, Mobieus_uk said:

yes, they have confirmed its the wrong friction plate so hopefully collect the replacement tomorrow

That's pretty annoying, and worrying too as I'm likely to end up going to these guys for a clutch myself before long given their perma 30% off deal ^_^

Any chance you could post up the correct/corrected part number to help your SDI brethren avoid the same fate?

cheapest way to buy was from their ebay shop then click and collect £135.64 worked out at about 46% discount 641441690 is the part number for lupo sdi, the number was correct they said that it had been packaged wrong, more likely its been a returned item ,it does not come with a alignment tool so bought one from halfords for about £16, the replacment at least it now fits on the input shaft of the gearbox