Hi

b3ats@sky.com

On 10/26/2016 at 3:54 PM, weslangdon said:

thats a very very low mileage, have you done a data check before the purchase, always worth the couple of quid it costs, put some pics up when u get the chance

I have checked the Government MOT database and the mileages tally up as far back as it goes. The car has had 2 previous lady owners, the last being since 2007. There is also a part service history included with the car that backs it up a bit further. The outside of the car is a bit shabby (bumper scrapes and the odd small dent here & there) but the inside is nice.

I honestly couldn't be happier - wanted one of these for a while.

Just bought an air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, 5 litres of oil & 3 spark plugs, so that it can have a decent service because the history is a bit rubbish and I reckon it's overdue.

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

Edited by b3ats@sky.com
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jon_273 said:

Interested to see what you do with the 3 spark plugs...

Also make sure the oil meets VW spec 505.01.

Fireplace ornament? 

Edited by cj1

6 hours ago, jon_273 said:

Interested to see what you do with the 3 spark plugs...

Also make sure the oil meets VW spec 505.01.

It was late and I was tired lol - luckily 3 Bosch glow plugs is actually what I've bought.

The oil is a Triple QX 5w40 which meets 505.01 apparently.

Hoping the rain stays away so I can at least make a start today. Would have preferred the air filter to have been a tad more accessible.

18 hours ago, b3ats@sky.com said:

It was late and I was tired lol - luckily 3 Bosch glow plugs is actually what I've bought.

The oil is a Triple QX 5w40 which meets 505.01 apparently.

Hoping the rain stays away so I can at least make a start today. Would have preferred the air filter to have been a tad more accessible.

Haha. 

Well I thoroughly recommend using an oil extractor for this engine as it makes it very easy to service, and you can get out more oil than just draining through the sump plug.