Starting out

Hi folks

I've recently bought an Arosa TDI as my first car. It's had some tuning work done by a previous owner and I'm happy with the way it performs, for now at least. BUT, the interior really let's the engine down. I think the front seats are from a lupo gti bit they're very tatty. The rest of the interior is showing its age, door cards, carpets, dash, trim etc. 

Basically wondering if anyone had any tips or recommendations as to what to work on or look out for and also where to get parts to improve thinks

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, GYToffee said:

That's the point I was getting at. Just looking for suggestions as to what can be done. Where to source replacement parts/upgrades

What can't be done? 

eBay, facebook group (VW Lupo / Arosa parts ) , on here, breakers. The world is your oyster and the internet is your friend. 

Edited by cj1

1 hour ago, cj1 said:

What can't be done? 

eBay, facebook group (VW Lupo / Arosa parts ) , on here, breakers. The world is your oyster and the internet is your friend. 

Well, I don't think you can legally re-shell a car in the UK? But I'm open to suggestions on the contrary?

2 minutes ago, Skezza said:

Well, I don't think you can legally re-shell a car in the UK? But I'm open to suggestions on the contrary?

Buy a new shell from the manufacturer and I think you can! 

If the vin says red lupo and its on a red lupo whose to know . . . but yeah technically illegal "Ringing" I think you an retain both identities and Q plate the one thats on the road  but i dont know why you'd bother, Ive never really got the whole re-shelling thing . if you got 2 cars one has good mechanics but shell is effed ant the other is mechanically pooped but has a nice shell , just put the running gear in the good shell and use that. 

2 hours ago, D_A_N said:

If the vin says red lupo and its on a red lupo whose to know . . . but yeah technically illegal "Ringing" I think you an retain both identities and Q plate the one thats on the road  but i dont know why you'd bother, Ive never really got the whole re-shelling thing . if you got 2 cars one has good mechanics but shell is effed ant the other is mechanically pooped but has a nice shell , just put the running gear in the good shell and use that. 

I very much doubt re-shelling a car is ever worth the time/effort/money. 

However, on the original posters point, we're simply trying to ascertain what he actually wants to do?

2 hours ago, Skezza said:

I very much doubt re-shelling a car is ever worth the time/effort/money. 

However, on the original posters point, we're simply trying to ascertain what he actually wants to do?

Ideally I'd like a leather interior. Looking through some pics on here it's obviously possible. At present my interior is a mismatch.

What sort of seats work/fit and where can I get matching leather covered door cards/trim/dash etc.

Do parts need replacing or have you folks covered them?

I was the exact same position as you when I got my Tdi... 

Good things to look for at a set of black plastic if they aren't already 

Look for mrk4 golf recaros because they are so easy to fit and for your door cars I'd go to a local fabric shop and buy some material you like and basically just adhesive glue and staple on or stitch... I can show you photos of mine if you're interested lol

Also look at lining the roofline with something different, I have New York skyline which made a massive difference to be fair because everything was grey and horrible... But so cheap and easy to swap out.. 

If you have the time ams effort you could take out all seats and dye all the carpet to something more colourful.. I dyed mine black but I have a friend who died his grey carpet to red and it does make the car feel more cosy 

Possible look into replacing any tatty plastic you can't cover up... Make the arosa your own car thats what it's all about 

• Like 1