Who's done a DIY spray job?

Moly220

I think we can all say we have wanted to take a spray can to our loved box on wheels but who actually has done there own DIY spray ??,,

I've done the bonnet satin black and plan on doing the roof soon however looked at a matte army green for the body!

Thoughts?

I had an orange Fiat 131 mirafiori sport back in the day, i decided matt black in an electric spray gun best suited to creosoting sheds and fences was the tool for the job because a: it was on hand and b: i had no money for fancy things like a compressor or a spray gun at the time. Needless to say it is with constant regret that I followed thru on that stupid impulse.

:rolleyes::blink::o:lol:

Rattle cans would have given a better result.

Edited by Sausage

• 3 weeks later...

Mix opinion off friends however I like it.

It's covered over many scratches on the paint work and were it's slightly fading.

Roof this weekend and then I'm thinking of finishing the body with a satin dark grey.

Then probably sticker bomb the inside because the previous own manged to scratch deep gashes into the sides... hope it wasn't off his GF heels lol 

Slowly but surely. prep is key

DSC_0382.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

• 2 months later...

I resprayed a full set of the g60 wheels in matte black a year or two ago. I liked the look of them that much it inspired me to go get some training on body prep and spraying. 

I'll be respraying them again soon the same colour and fitting some new tyres ready for them to be put on the car for next winter.

Saturday spraying wheels.

Winter wheels refurb compete!

Edited by micp
Adding pics

• 4 months later...

Just sorted my wheels out with a rub-down and respray. Very satisfying work, I recommend it. I went for 4 coats (let the paint cure between coats) of satin black and picked up some domed centres from a vw show. Before, process and after pictures. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg