Gremlyn

First post here, hoping for advice on what alternator I need for a SEAT Arosa 1.0 (AER,6H) 1999/T (with PAS, no A/C). Perhaps stupidly I removed the old one which was fitted by the previous owner but turned out to be faulty. I returned it as I had the receipt to Eurocarparts for cash. Then later went to buy the replacement which doesn't fit. I have tried several from Eurocarparts now and none fit. Also none of the ones I have tried seem to align the bottom bolt hole with anything on the engine. I can't remember if I even took a bottom bolt off of the old one! Whoever I ask (even SEAT) cannot tel me what I need without the old one to hand and they are normally faced with a list of 12 or so to choose from with no details available.

At the moment I have bought a used Bosch 028 903 025 G form a breaker. The top bolt seems to fit yet the bottom bolt hole on the alternator still does not align and it is a 70A not a 90A like the previous one (something I do remember).

Any help appreciated to get me out of what should have been a simple job.