Fabia VRS as an alternative to Arosa tdi ?

wehey

I have been toying with the idea of getting a Fabia VRS for a while now as I have read that they are pretty rapid and great to drive. 
I was doing a bit of research and was surprised to discover that my mapped (100hp) Arosa tdi has a similar power/weight ratio to a stock Fabia. 
Arosa 100hp approx 1000kg
Fabia 130hp approx 1300kg
I am starting to question if it's worth buying one now. Once you factor in the running costs of the VRS (higher insurance, higher road tax, lower mpg, higher general parts prices) it doesn't seem as appealing. 
Does anyone have any experience of them or my theories. 
Will the VRS really be any quicker and more fun to drive??

Can't say I've driven the arias but had an 04 vrs years back. Superb car, pre 05 plate cars have more low down torque so feel quicker. Cost of ownership was cheap, can't remember exact numbers but wouldn't imagine you'd feel the pinch over the arosa. Would say numbers apart the vrs would feel quicker & would definitely be a better place to be. Miss mine, genuinely one of the best ownership experiences I've had. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bems said:

Miss mine, genuinely one of the best ownership experiences I've had. 

This what I am hearing time and time again.

I just don't want to be disappointed and find that it's not much of an upgrade from the Arosa. The Arosa really is a little pocket rocket and fantastic to drive

Best you try a few. See how you feel afterwards. Honestly tho I traded the vrs in against an A3 170bhp sport back tdi which was pants by comparison so says a lot for the Fabia. cruise control & heated seats were what we had, both good additions. The heated seats were instant & could melt you're arse on top setting. Handy for winter. Worth noting she was very sure footed in the snow too which is something I can't say for the A3

I looked at a few Fabia vRS's for a daily driver before I ended up with a 9n3 Polo GTi.

Supposedly great to drive, but the low-rent interior (nearly every car I looked at had a dashboard scratched to hell) and cream seats which were a nightmare to keep clean put me off. In comparison, the Polo was much nicer inside. I suspect the Fabia was better to drive, but it was only a work hack, and I spend alot of time looking at the interior!

Guy at work had a vRS and loved it - his was minty mint but he wouldn't sell it to me :(

There is an alternative to the fabia vrs. It called a Polo GT TDI. Rare though. Uses the same engine and they do come in 3 door.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-VOLKSWAGEN-POLO-1-9-GT-TDI-130-BHP-74388-MILES-/232022904189?hash=item3605a48d7d:g:1eQAAOSwZVlXmjm5

50 minutes ago, lupo1.0se said:

There is an alternative to the fabia vrs. It called a Polo GT TDI. Rare though. Uses the same engine and they do come in 3 door.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-VOLKSWAGEN-POLO-1-9-GT-TDI-130-BHP-74388-MILES-/232022904189?hash=item3605a48d7d:g:1eQAAOSwZVlXmjm5

Rare and expensive!

The Ibiza fr is another choice but they don't really hit the spot with me.

i was also considering a standard 100 PD Fabia/Polo/Ibiza and mapping it to 130 as I do prefer a sleeper ?