Considering changing GTi for A1 - thoughts?

adesignercallednick

Hi Guys,

considering selling my 2002 lupo gti and going for an Audi A1 TSFI 140bhp - on paper they look like similar performance etc.

Just wondered if anyone had any first-hand opinions. I don't want to get rid of the Lupo and then regret it.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I've driven both the Fiat 500 and a Bluemotion Up recently and I can honestly say there's nothing between them for build quality or perception of quality. The Up has a bigger boot but is less stylish would be the only real differences that I could comment on. Both have over serviced brakes but that seems to be today's fashion, perhaps manufacturers think we are too posh to push a pedal

On 01/02/2017 at 0:55 PM, weslangdon said:

...over serviced brakes but that seems to be today's fashion, perhaps manufacturers think we are too posh to push a pedal

So true! Had to laugh when I read that. I'm always apologising to passengers when I drive a newish car and give the brakes a decent stamping....

On 1/2/2017 at 10:06 AM, weslangdon said:

a hot Fiat 500 Abarth is closer in spirit to a Lupo, near identical size and would give you the A1 shape in a cut price format

I was going to buy an Abarth Esseesse to replace my Lupo (non GTI), but it just wasn't as fast I thought 160bhp would be in a car that size. I guess newer cars have a lot more weight to them with all the safety features and gadgets etc which can hinder the driving experience.

2 hours ago, T3LLIOTT said:

I was going to buy an Abarth Esseesse to replace my Lupo (non GTI), but it just wasn't as fast I thought 160bhp would be in a car that size. I guess newer cars have a lot more weight to them with all the safety features and gadgets etc which can hinder the driving experience.

you should do as millions before have done and change your non gti for a gti and get that out your system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...