TDI S Front Wishbones

Afternoon All

My bushes need replacing but all garages i speak to say they only replace the whole wishbone. After looking online for part prices, I found a pair for £50 and the nut set from VW for £25.

Total cost if I went to the garage is £170 as they said they aren't standard for mine as its the TDI Sport, Is that true??

Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150986893387?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are the ones I was going to buy, from what I can make out the garage were going to replace the same thing, but told me they aren't the standard ones that need fitting

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, sharktech said:

Morning

Finally got everything i need for this, looking thrugh ElsaWIN they advise to remove the drive shaft from the gear box. Has anyone else done this or if i make sure the wheel doesnt drop would i be ok?

thanks

How's it going to drop anyway, are you taking the front struts off too? Leave the driveshafts in place. Quick job to change the bottom arms. 

Edit: Surely you're removing the wheels to do this? 

Edited by cj1

1 hour ago, sharktech said:

Morning

Finally got everything i need for this, looking thrugh ElsaWIN they advise to remove the drive shaft from the gear box. Has anyone else done this or if i make sure the wheel doesnt drop would i be ok?

thanks

You don't need to remove the driveshaft. 

Wheel off

3x10mm bolts to disconnect the ball joint from the wishbone. 

Remove drop link bolt

Remove 2x wishbone bolts. 

Job done

1 hour ago, wehey said:

You don't need to remove the driveshaft. 

Wheel off

3x10mm bolts to disconnect the ball joint from the wishbone. 

Remove drop link bolt

Remove 2x wishbone bolts. 

Job done

Depending on which side, the drivers side bolt where arm meets subframe can be blocked from coming out by the sump. In this case, lower subframe ever so slightly on that side and lever it downwards whilst you pull out the bolt. 

Yeah. Just use the old bolts. 

Also, I think I removed the sway bar from its bushes too to allow better access. 

And place a trolley jack under the arm and jack it up a bit before removing the sway (anti roll) bar drop link nuts as it's under spring tension. (If that makes sense) ?