*Wanted* Lupo Tdi

D_A_N

Hi Guys looking to get back into Dubbin after a long break and Im lookin for nice little Lupo I'm based in Manchester would travel for the right car.

Cheers

Dan 

saw this one but it sold super quick :(

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, yeah I saw that yellow one got my eye on it but yeah if its not the cheap tax one probably not interested so thanks for that info Sausage 

11 hours ago, D_A_N said:

Yeah im thinking I may have to settle for the SDi :( cus the TDi's are so rare at the moment .

there are a couple of Arosa out there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172338035594?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-seat-arosa-1-4tdi-s-same-as-vw-lupo/262620059628?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3D535be36c708d40de9f6402985dad1384%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D172338035594

the mileage is never an issue with the TDi 

Edited by weslangdon

2 hours ago, D_A_N said:

Just make sure you give the gearbox a good testing, especially the shift from 2nd to 3rd.

Also check electric Windows and central locking are working.

The latter can be fixed cheap but a crunchy gearbox won't.

Edited by wehey

When cold mine is fine 2nd to 3rd, but wont go 4th to 3rd for love nor money until it's done a few miles. I live with it, maybe I should get off my ass and check the oil level and quality though. :lol:

Defo get the TDI if you want to have some power though, very simple to DIY map to 100bhp and with some tinkering plenty more is possible.

Edited by Sausage

if this one on turns out to be a Lemon Rich I may well do haha. is there anywhere on the site that is like a definittive buying guide for these cars where to look for problems etc ive heard gearbox, central locking and windows can be trouble is there anywhere critical they like to rust? or any other problems I should be looking for ? Cheers 

Yep check for damaged sills, expect the window switches to be iffy, the gearboxes on the tdi are miles better than the 085 gearboxes in other non gti lupos but seem to have a weak 3rd gear synchro, and listen out for any scraping noises from the balance shaft / oil pump chain in the sump area as it is catastrophic if the chain fails.

• Like 1

Also I did some research and Tax changes are unlikely to act retrospectively as it would cause more than 1/3 of the uk cars to be totally unviable for most of their owners  it will most likely come into effect on new diesel vehicles and theyll probably Spank diesels at the pumps and where there are congestion charges . I could be wrong but most of the problems people have with diesel cars are in built up areas so I imagine it will be more of a local authority type deal rather than a big sweeping act against the diesel engine , Haulage companies wont stand for being taxed out the butt lol 

• Like 1

14344120_10157401835625247_5966172690104

So I picked up lupo today it seems like a pretty decent little car pretty chuffed only real problem is a noisy wheel bearing in the rear and I think I've Blown a relay messing with the lights as I forgot VW uses relays instead of microswitches as my sidelights hazards and full beam work but my dips , indicators and foggies dont :S oops 

On 9/15/2016 at 4:06 PM, Sausage said:

When cold mine is fine 2nd to 3rd, but wont go 4th to 3rd for love nor money until it's done a few miles. I live with it, maybe I should get off my ass and check the oil level and quality though. :lol:

Defo get the TDI if you want to have some power though, very simple to DIY map to 100bhp and with some tinkering plenty more is possible.

could be syncro failure