What's Up!

Puchateek

What's going on everyone!

I'm Kuba! I recently got a 2003 Lupo E as a small little banger to get around, which turned out to be pretty decent so with some love and a tiny respray here and there it shines like new!

Picked up a set of Mini R83's, which will be going on soon (check out a little photoshopped mockup)

As well as saying Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding the wheels themselves... What best tires to get? They're 16x6.5J with 195/55 on them but of course they're going to be changed, was thinking 165/45? I was hoping to lower so I can bring the wheel closer to the fender and maybe throw spacers on but maybe a smaller tyre profile will bring it close enough to the ground anyway?

Not fussed on tight stance whatsoever, needs to be fully functional but with some character!

Cheers all

14001802_10207256083339618_1491850761_o.jpg14059919_10207275910155276_709317406_o.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016-08-08_at_22.18.05.png

Edited by Puchateek

11 hours ago, Puchateek said:

What's going on everyone!

You've bought wheels that are too large for your car (By a country mile) 195/40/16 might fit... I'm sure someone who knows about these things will be along shortly to offer you some advise ;)

2njarfo.jpg

BMW mini wheels have a centre bore of 56.1mm, so i assume you have increased that to 57.1mm or more to even get them on the VW hubs.

For tyres you will need to check using something like www.willtheyfit.com But it will need to be 40 to 50 profile depending on width chosen.

Edited by Sausage

11 hours ago, Sausage said:

i assume you have increased that to 57.1mm or more to even get them on the VW hubs.

I was aware of that beforehand, so that is exactly what I've done, centre bore is now increased and fit on fine. 

Wether they are too large by a country mile? I think they look fine from quick mockups on the car, I just need a smaller tyre and a little lower! 

Anyway, thank you for the advice!