Electric Window Switch - source?

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before but my GTI driver's door electric window switch is in need of replacing. Poor contacts, I've tried repairing several times and they work for a few months but I think it's time to replace them now.

Do you have to buy the complete switch / central locking housing or can the switches be bought separately?

I have removed them previously so know you should be able to replace just the switch but guess VW will only sell the complete unit.

Are there any alternative switches that fit the housing?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

You can buy just the window switches on their own. They are £19 each from me inc VAT and postage. All the parts I sell are 100% brand new, genuine VW parts. I can get these in, in a few days for you. Let me know if you'd like to order.

Payments can be sent as a 'gift' made via PayPal to; dalespiers@hotmail.com
(I ask people to send payments as gifts, then neither of us pay their fees)
Please include your mailing address also.

Regards, Dale.

Hi Dale - thanks for the reply. I have purchased from you before - didn't know you were back supplying, that's good news.

Can you also supply the plastic cover that protects the wires going to the ABS pump? I assume there should be one? Mine's mssing, maybe damaged by garage sometime in the past and not replaced.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, I've been trading since November last year I think it was. I have been carrying out some mail shots a few months back. I must have overlooked you, I do apologise.

I've had a quick look and I cannot see a protective cover listed for the ABS pump wiring loom connector. Is the wiring just exposed then? Perhaps a picture might help!

Regards, Dale.

I've now had a more indepth look. It took me 20 minutes to find it, after going through the list of connectors under the bonnet, which seems endless!

The 47 pin connector on the ABS control module should have a plastic shell casing on the back, to stop water ingress etc. The cap is as long as the connector block and tapers off at one end. The price for this cap would be £6.00 inc P&P. Unfortunatley I don't have a picture of it, as there's none shown.

Regards, Dale.

Just now, Lupoboz said:

I've now had a more indepth look. It took me 20 minutes to find it, after going through the list of connectors under the bonnet, which seems endless!

The 47 pin connector on the ABS control module should have a plastic shell casing on the back, to stop water ingress etc. The cap is as long as the connector block and tapers off at one end. The price for this cap would be £6.00 inc P&P. Unfortunatley I don't have an actual picture of it, as there's none shown.

Regards, Dale.

thanks for your efforts here Dale, it's nice to have you back to keep our aging motors on the road!

I'll just check my TO DO list tonight, see if there's anything else needed then get some paypal credit off to you with info etc.

regards

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Keeping my 4 ageing motors on the road is a full time occupation in itself. Plus the 3 three other projects on the go too! I come to work for a rest these days!

Regards, Dale.