Laser Blue Lupo

LaserBlueLupo

Hi guys I gave recently accuired myself a 05' plate Laser Blue 1.0e Lupo, having learned from this forum endlessly I figured it was about time to make an account, got a few questions I'm looking for answers for if people could help!

Engine swapping, is out of the question having written off my last vehicle (no no claims).

I plan to change insurance company to Adrian flux having gained a years no claims (allowing addition of wheels and coilovers, tempted to polybush the vehicle aswell.

List of changes since purchase:

1.Pressed steel number plates (£18.50 free P&P from eBay) 

2.Rear wiper delete

3. Removed Lupo writing 

4. Plymouth blue badge insert(rear) and gloss black faces on front and rear

5. Pioneer 6.5 inch front speakers 

1. Performance 

I have accepted the 1l is a slow little car with little that can can be improved to increase HP, 

I was wondering what difference a new air filter would make aswell as welding an exhaust, my plan was to cut the centre silencer out and go straight through, removed the rear silencer and weld the centre silencer to the back, I have previously done this on my mini cooper, opinions? 

Any other ideas to improve the running of the engine? I have heard the 1litres can be converted to 16 valve by using a 1.4 head and pistons, has anyone done this? And seen any significant change? 

2.My final question is rear speakers, what size are the Tweeter and soeaker cut outs in the rear panels? Behind the trim? Have people refitted the plastic panels after fitting speakers? I'm concerned the panels will rattle to **** if I put them back on having fitted the speakers, I have an amp I intended to run all speakers off.

If anyone has any suggestions for other bits and pieces to do that won't rape my insurance please say! E.G looks, performance, general improvements 

Boot build planned for next sunday. 

Thanks!!

FB_IMG_1469449112951.jpg

FB_IMG_1469449195793.jpg

Edited by LaserBlueLupo