Clicking noise on Acceleration

Hi all,

Recently had a lot of stuff replaced after an MoT, mainly exhaust and emissions related, and now I have a clicking noise when I accelerate. 

I can accelerate more softly, and it isn't audible. However, if I accelerate normally, it's audible both in the car and outside. 

It didn't do this before the car went in for the MoT and repairs, and I'm curious. I've done a little research and come across the Evaporative Emissions Valve making a clicking noise, but if it didn't make it before, I don't understand why it is doing it now ? 

Thanks for any help in advance!

Myles.  

The audio isn't great, but you can hear the clicking at several points during the video. After watching this back, I've noticed a second noise too: a grinding noise like I was grinding gears. I can assure you I wasn't: I had my foot fully planted on the clutch at the time of shifting down. 

Seems to me I need a new gearbox too now.... -.- 

if you put the clutch in, does it stop? It kind of sounds like flywheel chatter. Perhaps the release bearing?

Yeah: If it's in neutral or if I'm stationary there's no noise. If it's the release bearing, I'm going to be unhappy, since I've just had it replaced with the entire clutch. 

16 hours ago, myles983 said:

Yeah: If it's in neutral or if I'm stationary there's no noise. If it's the release bearing, I'm going to be unhappy, since I've just had it replaced with the entire clutch. 

Yeah doesn't mean they've done it correctly though.

If you're going say 70mph, can you hear it? If you can, when you dump your clutch does it immediately cut out? That to me indicates a flywheel chatter or release bearing issue, well, that's at least how I diagnosed it on another vehicle.

I have heard other people say that your injectors can tick the way you describe, but I reckon you'd hear it in neutral then.

41 minutes ago, Skezza said:

Yeah doesn't mean they've done it correctly though.

If you're going say 70mph, can you hear it? If you can, when you dump your clutch does it immediately cut out? That to me indicates a flywheel chatter or release bearing issue, well, that's at least how I diagnosed it on another vehicle.

I have heard other people say that your injectors can tick the way you describe, but I reckon you'd hear it in neutral then.

Oh i know. 

You can hear it at 70 yes. Speed has no impact on it as far as i know. Its just acceleration. I'm not sure about the clutch dumping scenario: I will test this shortly. I'd heard a similar thing about injectors: would putting some fuel cleaner through the system potentially cause this? 

As you've just had it replaced, it's probably flywheel chatter. Perhaps an aftermarket part? I don't think it'll cause any issues per se, but can understand it getting on your nerves.

5 hours ago, Skezza said:

As you've just had it replaced, it's probably flywheel chatter. Perhaps an aftermarket part? I don't think it'll cause any issues per se, but can understand it getting on your nerves.

Nope, its an LUK clutch, as recommended by the mechanic himself.